Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Significance Of Rubber Band On Wrist

IRONY OF TERRA AUSTRALIS


He opened his eyes, he could see perfectly the fleecy clouds that moved
lazy ... I could feel like the sun warmed my face.
Where was I?
A deafening silence around me ... and then I realized I could not remember ...
In my hand clenched tightly, almost desperately, a yellow button, which of course, did not belong to anything you wear. "

A new state of consciousness? A new sensation? A myriad of new sensations little crowded into my interior and it was impossible to measure, translate. I do not know if I was happy in that silent moment ... Perhaps the best word to describe me was new. That is, I felt new, but something happened, something had lived my mind did not come to glimpse from the memory.
I felt more relaxed breathing, decided to get up and change my face in surprise at a more inquisitive, I decided to walk to find something that sounded to me known, or find a friendly face, a good coffee in a place open and crowded. But I knew my right hand had the answer ...

firmly tightened still experiencing feelings of dizziness and confusion as I stood up. I had vague images and phrases pieces on my conscience. Just needed more time to overcome this state and finish piecing. A hunch told me that time just did not have much. I noticed the perfectly smooth stone floor as far as the eye, the circle drawn in relief as I had appeared, and two circles close to mine. That was the way to go. He remembered little by little, not as soon as desired. These other figures
the buttons were red. Had been lost or abandoned by those who came before. I picked them up, stuffed into a pocket of my trousers, and buttoned mine to my shirt with the pin that brought the button itself. The walk was not difficult, the sun did not burn, there were no wild animals, and terrain features, even I was thirsty or tired. The houses on the horizon began to take shape, and the thoughts in my head.


"Are you sure? "I have to go. Something is very wrong. - Not according to the instruments. The instruments can not measure everything. They have presentimientos. "Close the hand, concentrate and relax"

I was so close he heard voices, music, shouting indicating celebration, joy. I have not seen it yet, or I would be waiting. My own perception of time was different here. I could not say how much I walked or how long. My button was yellow.

"I am pleased to announce that we have passed the experimental stage. - When can we go? - When you have it. How long does plan to go there? "

My memory and my feet hit the residential area at the same time. The two passengers were drinking and listening to music in a garden.
- Doctor, what a surprise! Want to join us?
- It's really time for you to join me. - I showed them the red buttons. - "You left them, right? I cheated. They never had plans to return. _
Sorry, doctor, but our donations for the project are certainly a good reason, besides the money will continue to receive each month while I live. We left everything fixed.
"Yes, I left everything: family, work, projects, the rest of their lives. This virtual space for rehabilitation therapy. Anything can be programmed ... depending on the treatment of psychological problems. There is supposed to be a bubble to escape the world. Their bodies are in a state similar to coma, his muscles are atrophying, soon your joints begin to lose some of their mobility. Finally you would be two vegetables!
"That is not our world, doc. She has nothing to offer. Take care of those bodies as long as possible, and efforts will be well rewarded. Even a day can appoint a replacement and join us. You've earned it. Do you want to be forever young? "Good weather guaranteed, unless you choose otherwise? Design friends and companions "for you? He did a good job. - He said with a gesture of his right arm parks, valleys, lagoon, replicating themselves had created, walking and playing.
"I'm afraid I've grown up with the pain. - Les dije. "I have learned to face the real world and beat. Now I do not want back. For you will soon be too late to return. For me it is too late to accept illusions. I retire.
unbuckled my button. Press firmly on the pin. The pain signal recorded was that made me come back as Terra Australis images faded, replaced by the table, the laboratory, the real world. It was not a "home sweet home", but it was the world he was accustomed. Jorge Phoenix

0 comments:

Post a Comment